Customer onboarding is the process by which a business welcomes new customers to its products or services. More importantly, it’s about turning them into loyal, repeat buyers.
That sounds great, but how exactly does that work? Well, there are five phases of customer onboarding and customer onboarding solutions:
1) First contact – This is the phase when your prospective client first hears about you through your marketing efforts. It’s crucial that your message is relevant and precise in order for this phase to be successful.
2) Activation – Now that they know who you are and how their life will improve with your product/service in it, it’s time for them to give you a try. If they enjoy the experience enough, they’ll probably come back for more.
3) First purchase – Now it’s time to seal the deal. If you did a good job in the previous phases, they would have no problem going all-in on their first order. This is also a crucial moment because this is where your client starts getting incentivized to continue working with you.
4) Positive reinforcement – They’ve ordered from you again, and everything went well. Now it’s time to reward them for sticking by your side through the entire journey and benefits of hpe synergy. This is often done in the form of discounts, freebies, or access to exclusive content, but feel free to experiment with different creative ways of coupling your client’s interests with company goals (like free shipping if they purchase above a certain threshold).
5) Loyalty – At this point, you’ve managed to attract and convert new customers. It would be a shame if all that work went down the drain when they decided not to come back after their first order. That’s why it’s crucial that you provide incentives for them to stay loyal throughout the entirety of their relationship with you.